Saturday, May 11, 2013

Preflight Jitters

Mostly Packed
This is something I've been looking forward to for so long, I almost can't quite believe it's about to start.  Part of me is a bit nervous.  My wife and I don't really spend a lot of time apart, certainly not like this.  I've never been on vacation from work for 2 weeks before.  How much will I miss at work? Did I get everything done in time?  Did I hand off everything that I needed to hand off?  Did I forget something?

It's too late now.  Besides, my boss keeps saying that the place will be OK without me, so I need to stop worrying about it.

There will be a lot of learning and new experiences, for sure. Camping will be a whole new world for me, I haven't slept in a tent since I was.... well, really young. The biggest challenge is probably going to be learning to let go - of work, of schedules, of someone-says-this-needs-to-be-done-right-now.

For two weeks, the only thing I need to worry about is my fuel gauge, and finding a place to put up my tent in the evening.



No comments: