Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ouch.




 This was all my own fault - I lost control while slowing for a 45 degree turn at an intersection. Luckily, the bike fell on the left side after tossing me off and didn't flip. I landed on my left hip (primary impact) and left shoulder (secondary). Nothing on me is broken, but naturally, I hurt like hell.

 The cause was a combination of stupid things, a bunch of dumb mistakes really. It was misty drizzle and I wasn't compensating for it. I rode across a huge section of yellow paint while downshifting and braking, and all these things combined were enough for me to lose traction. I was paying more attention to making the light and getting to work, I screwed up, and it bit me.

 I need a new front tip over bar cover and a left mirror assembly. My rear tip over bar is bent, but I think I can bring it back to position with some persuasion. My helmet hit the ground with my head in it, so it needs to be replaced. My jacket, pants, and gloves held up very well, all of them are in serviceable condition and do not need to be replaced. My boots need a new toe slider, but otherwise, they are fine.

 Moral of the story - riding like a dong ain't cheap.

1 comment:

Jim K. said...

WOW, Jason - glad to know that you didn't get hurt worse. ATGATT works!

It sounds like you've got high sided and the bike spit you out. That's scary.