Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Breakfast Run

 Finding myself with nothing to do and nowhere to be on Labor Day morning, joining some folks from Two Wheeled Texans for breakfast at The Monument Cafe in Georgetown seemed like the right thing to do. After a quick blast up TX 130, I was soon stuffing my face with fresh scrambled eggs and corned beef hash.  It was so good I forgot to take a picture!

 With breakfast finished, it was time to get some riding in before the heat of the late afternoon set in. Leaving Georgetown on TX 29 got me into rural Texas, where houses and buildings gave way to acres and acres of farmland.

FM 158 @ FM 971
 Someone once said that the "FM" in "Texas FM Road" really stood for "Fun Motorcycle", and I have to agree. Some of them follow property lines and have long straightaways with several sharp turns, while others were born of the wagon roads that folks in the country would use to go to town on Sunday. With little to no traffic, and fairly decent pavement on most FM roads, they make for great riding.

I found myself near Bartlett, Texas, so I stopped in to get a picture in front of the set for the TV show "Revolution".

The damaged building is fake, but it looks pretty realistic from the street.
 Sadly, the afternoon heat was getting worse and there were things that needed my attention waiting at home, so with about 150 miles done it was time to head for the barn.

No comments: